A painfully honest examination of one woman's attempt to not only conquer her kitchen, but also remove herself from the shadow of her father's greatness and establish her own culinary identity... dramatic, aren't I? ;)

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

I'm not a big fan of cookies, but oh, how I love my Sugar Cookies!

This is by far the easiest recipe I've ever found to make scrumptious sugar cookies. The nice thing about these too, is how easy it is to modify them for any occasion... I know some people like to add sugar on top (to get a crunchy effect) but I like mine plain and simple. I've reduced the amount of sugar down to 1.25 c, but if you want yours a little sweeter, just make it with 1.5 c.



Ingredients:
2.75 c all-purpose flour
1 t baking soda
.5 t baking powder
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
1.25 c white sugar
1 egg
1 t vanilla extract

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda and baking powder. Set aside.

2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually blend in dry ingredients. Roll rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into balls, and place onto ungreased cookied sheets.



3. Bake 8 - 10 minutes, or until golden. Let stand on cookie sheet 2 minutes before removing to cool on wire racks.



I like mine dipped in a cold glass of milk... yum yum yum yum yum!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Lea said...

You know... there must be something in the air... cause I am totally baking muffins tonight

11:20 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home