A painfully honest examination of one woman's attempt to not only conquer her kitchen, but also remove herself from the shadow of her father's greatness and establish her own culinary identity... dramatic, aren't I? ;)

Friday, November 17, 2006

Cajun Chicken Pasta

It was my boyfriend's birthday on Wednesday, so I made him his favorite dinner: Cajun Chicken Pasta. I normally make this with penne and dump a jar of alfredo sauce in and call it a night, but I've gotten to the point where I despise all things canned/jarred, so I figured, what the heck, I'll make my own alfredo!

I dried off the boneless skinless chicken breasts and sprinkled some of Emeril's Bayou Blast Essence on top. I preheated my oven to 350 degrees F and put the chicken on a stoneware pan to bake for 25 minutes. Then I kicked up the heat to 375 and baked another 10 minutes.

Meanwhile I set a pot of water to boil for my fettucine. In a saucepan, I melted 4 T unsalted butter and added 4 T all-purpose flour to make a white roux. Then I added a pint of heavy cream to make a bechamel. Once that was all sorts of lovely and creamy, I added 1 - 1.5 c freshly grated parmesan, and about the same amount of freshly grated locatelli romano. Seasoned with some freshly grated nutmeg (just a pinch really) and some freshly ground black pepper. Absolutely DE-LISH.

Once the water came to a boil, I salted generously, added my pasta, and cooked until al dente.

By then, the chicken was done, so I plated everything up and topped with some more grated parmesan and romano.

Everything was so scrumptious, we barely had any leftovers! The alfredo recipe was the easiest thing I think I've ever made, and by far one of the tastiest.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know how I missed this one, but it sounds good.. I REALLY wish we could get pics of this one... Mmmm.......

11:18 AM

 
Blogger *Chef Marina* said...

LOL I don't know how I could miss this comment! It really is VERY tasty and so easy to make, even YOU could pull it off ;)

8:22 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home