A painfully honest examination of one woman's attempt to not only conquer her kitchen, but also remove herself from the shadow of her father's greatness and establish her own culinary identity... dramatic, aren't I? ;)

Monday, February 04, 2008

No, I didn't fall off the face of the Earth, I promise!

It's just been a really crazy busy hectic and overall INSANE year. In the last 12 months, I have moved 3 times, changed jobs at least 3 or 4 times, gone back to school, and changed boyfriends once... YIKES! I periodically overhaul my life once in a while, but yeah, this is kinda ridiculous. So rather than blather on about everything in ridiculous detail, the important stuff is this: I moved back home with my parents once I started going to culinary school (p.s. YAYYYYY I love it!!!), which proved to be the final straw in my 2 yr relationship with my boyfriend, so after a lot of thought and lots of talking, we agreed to part on good terms and he moved back home to Ohio. I started working at the Ron Jon resort nearby, in their fine-dining restaurant, and actually really enjoy my job, even though I'm front of house at the moment. I've just started my Principles of Foods class -- and On Cooking might just be the best book ever by the way -- which makes this my 4th month in school (only 12 months til my apprenticeship and 16 til I graduate - woot!!!). I finished Intro to Baking and Pastry last Thursday, and am very proud of all the things I made. Enjoy!



This was my table for my practical... I made everything you see here!



I am insanely proud of my strawberry rose on top of my fresh fruit tart!


I dare Martha Stewart to make a prettier cherry pie =)

1 Comments:

Blogger Lea said...

That tart is BEAUTIFUL!!! WOWOW!!

Glad to hear you are tackling your culinary dreams!! =D

11:50 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home